Take advantage of the cost- and time-saving benefits of our design-build services. As one of the few construction companies in the region with an in-house design firm (Greenfield Architects, Ltd.), High Construction provides a unique opportunity to maximize your savings and simplify the construction process. Our architecture and construction teams work in adjoining offices, so communication is streamlined and the teams work in tandem to bring you value-engineered solutions throughout your project. We’ve collaborated on more than 175 projects together over the past 30 years. Here’s a brief summary of how the process works:
- Owner hires High Construction, who is responsible for both design and construction for the project.
- Owner manages just one contract.
- Early knowledge of total project cost, before design work is completed, at reduced initial investment
- Builder input during design, ongoing budgeting, and value-engineering
- Reduced change order potential
- Single entity responsible for design and construction
- Collaborative rather than adversarial relationship between architect and builder
- Approximately 85% of project is competitively bid
- Owner may participate in subcontractor selection
- Design-Builder’s fee established at beginning of project
- Selection of builder is subjective