High Construction provides commercial construction, design-build, general contracting, and energy consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia.
The High organization was founded in Lancaster, Pa., in 1931 as High Welding Company. Since that time, High has significantly grown and expanded. Guided by The High Philosophy of building trustworthy relationships and being innovative leaders, the High companies are a diverse group of businesses serving a broad customer base in the Eastern and Midwestern United States. High Industries Inc. affiliates provide steel bridge superstructure fabrication and erection; precast concrete building systems; metal processing and distribution; specialty hauling; and air-quality and safety consulting. High Real Estate Group LLC affiliates offer real estate development and brokerage; architecture; commercial construction; and hotel development and management.
High Construction began in 1978. As part of an organization that develops, owns, and operates a portfolio of more than 8.5 million square feet of commercial, industrial, hospitality, retail, and multifamily properties, we bring unsurpassed experience and expertise to facility construction and energy performance.
Safety Awards & Honors
- 2008-2011 Excellence in Construction Safety - Gold Level Award from the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Keystone Chapter
- 2008-2011 Safety Training and Evaluation Process STEP Award by the Associated Builders and Contractors
- 2008 Occupational Excellence Achievement Award from the National Safety Council
2011 Construction Manager of the Year (current finalist) by the American Subcontractors Association of Central Pennsylvania (ASACP)
2010 General Contractor of the Year by the American Subcontractors Association of Central Pennsylvania
2009 General Contractor of the Year by the American Subcontractors Association of Central Pennsylvania
2008 General Contractor of the Year by the American Subcontractors Association of Central Pennsylvania
2007 General Contractor of the Year by the American Subcontractors Association of Central Pennsylvania
- 2008-2011 Children’s Miracle Network sponsor, raising nearly $100,000 through our Annual Golf Invitational for Subcontractors and Suppliers
- 2008 Friend of Habitat Award presented to the High companies by Lancaster Area Habitat for Humanity
- 2006 Corporate Citizen of the Year Award presented to the High companies by Journal Publications
- 2001-2010 Apex Award for Publication Excellence for Constructive Advice, High Construction’s educational publication for facility owners and managers