High Construction provides commercial construction, design-build, and general contracting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia.
The High organization was founded in Lancaster, Pa., in 1931 as High Welding Company. Since that time, High has significantly grown and expanded. Guided by The High Philosophy of building trustworthy relationships and being innovative leaders, the High companies are a diverse group of businesses serving a broad customer base in the Eastern and Midwestern United States. High Industries Inc. affiliates provide steel bridge superstructure fabrication and erection; precast concrete building systems; metal processing and distribution; specialty hauling; and air-quality and safety consulting. High Real Estate Group LLC affiliates offer real estate development and brokerage; architecture; commercial construction; and hotel development and management.
High Construction began in 1978. As part of an organization that develops, owns, and operates a portfolio of more than 8.5 million square feet of commercial, industrial, hospitality, retail, and multifamily properties, we bring unsurpassed experience and expertise to facility construction and energy performance.
Safety Awards & Honors
- 2008-2014 Excellence in Construction Safety - Gold Level Award from the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Keystone Chapter
- 2008-2014 Safety Training and Evaluation Process STEP Award by the Associated Builders and Contractors
- 2008 Occupational Excellence Achievement Award from the National Safety Council
- 2012 National Construction Best Practices Award by the American Subcontractors Association
- 2011 Construction Manager of the Year by the American Subcontractors Association of Central Pennsylvania
- 2010 General Contractor of the Year by the American Subcontractors Association of Central Pennsylvania
- 2009 General Contractor of the Year by the American Subcontractors Association of Central Pennsylvania
- 2008 General Contractor of the Year by the American Subcontractors Association of Central Pennsylvania
- 2007 General Contractor of the Year by the American Subcontractors Association of Central Pennsylvania
- 2008-2013 Children’s Miracle Network sponsor, raising over $165,000 through our Annual Golf Invitational for Subcontractors and Suppliers
- 2008 Friend of Habitat Award presented to the High companies by Lancaster Area Habitat for Humanity
- 2006 Corporate Citizen of the Year Award presented to the High companies by Journal Publications
The High Philosophy
Every Company dreams its dreams and sets its standards. These are ours...
We are committed to two great tasks:
1. Building Trustworthy Relationships.
- Valuing our customers and meeting their needs.
- Respecting the dignity of all co-workers and their families.
- Energizing our teamwork with participative management.
- Recognizing and rewarding the accomplishments of our co-workers.
- Strengthening our partnership with suppliers.
- Contributing to a world of beauty and prosperity and peace.
2. Being Innovative Leaders.
- Creating an environment for innovation since 1931.
- “Right the first time” – High quality products and services.
- Investing profits to secure our future.
“We give good measure”